Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lichen Pictures / Hudson Valley NY Lichens

 Sometimes in the spring, summer, and fall I find that I get distracted by all of the plants, the colors and sounds of nature.  I find I often forget to look for the smaller or less conspicuous things like lichens. After learning more about lichens which I discussed more in depth in an earlier post in January of this year, I decided to go and look for different types of lichens to photograph.  Here are some images of lichens I took on different walks. The first is a view of a mountain framed with trees that have lichens growing on them.






I found an older grave yard that had a lot of lichens growing on the stones there. Out of respect for families didn't want to post their last names on this one. I think it depends on the type of stone, lichens might have and easier time colonizing some types of stones than others.



More lichen on trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment