Monday, February 13, 2012

Waterfalls on the Esopus Creek : A Place Worth Saving/ Hudson Valley NY Walk.



I decided to take a trip to "The Waterfall Place." It is right beside the road traveling south on 9W from Saugerties before the sign announcing Town of Ulster. A sign on the right announces that waterfall property is for sale 30+ acres. This place has been for sale as long as I can remember. It's definitely a place that is very ecologically fragile. I took pictures of two of the waterfalls and looked at the  habitat that runs along side the creek. I also walked up a tree lined path to view the Esopus from an overhanging rock above. I have gone to this place before and noticed many beautiful wildflowers and had hoped to go back in the spring to check it out.    





One first has to pass heaps of discarded garbage and shot up brought up junk on the way to the waterfalls. Part of this place has been used for years as a shooting gallery. It is rather shocking and very sad. I was looking for nature and for what I could find. Not pictures on how to abuse natural settings.  Part of the property is already suffering due to all the flooding we had last year. It's a fragile ecology struggling to survive. I made a photo collage below to give you an idea of how beautiful I think this place really is.
...... minus the trash.  



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment