Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do you like trees, plants, flowers, animals, bugs, fungi or nature photography? About my blog




I'm educating myself to be a better naturalist. I believe Nature can be found all around us. At times I'll be taking nature field trips, doing research, or just writing more in depth on things that helped me. I will be clear about when I'm just posting my opinion.  Sometimes I'll just post pictures.Today I'm trying to post a photo commentary to help explain more of what my blog is about.


I'd love to go places and show people some of the beauty that is around here. We have lakes, mountains and lots of trees. I'd like to see other pictures of other places around the world. I want to learn what other people are seeing, doing or thinking about.


I'll also be documenting and taking pictures of common things like this new growth of pine. I  like lichens, mushrooms, feathers, flowers, bugs, trees, footprints, habitats, mushrooms, birds and animals. As I get more pictures I'll post them. I like to see what I can find. Urban or rural. parks, or backyards,
 Nature is all around us.  



I think the natural world can be experienced from many different perspectives. 


  I'll try to show you the "essence" of a place from either from a naturalist or artistic viewpoint but I can't ignore reality.  It may be part of what I find. I'm also trying to
 "walk my talk" and be more environmentally conscious.
 Relax and enjoy the natural world around us. That is my goal.  


                                                     
I live in the USA in the Hudson Valley area of NY.  This blog represents my on-line journey. I want to learn more about nature, but I also want to remember to experience nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment